Are you just starting to play? Try some of these:
With the current edition of the game being over 20 years old, a few people have learned to play it pretty well! Learn from their experience:
- A treasure trove of old-skool BB goodness can be found at Midgardbb.
- Plasmoid’s site contains at least one playbook for each race, which have been rated by users for how useful they are.
- Fumbbl coaches have played 1000s of games, in a way that is not possible on tabletop. Read their distilled wisdom on the racial breakdown page and tactics page.
- BBtactics is a treasure trove of Blood Bowl wisdom, as you would expect from the name!
- And a couple of must-read guides – one on The Art Of Blocking, and Fumbbl’s Taouch guide.
If you would rather watch or listen than read, then YouTube is your friend. There are a few good YouTube channels with Fumbbl, Tabletop and Cyanide footage and commentary. Choose your favourite from the below, watch all of them, or just search YouTube for BB!
- CKnoor streams a lot of Cyanide Blood Bowl, which people chat about in-game
- sann0638 has done a few Fumbbl commentaries, including how to get started
- Kharkidevil streams BB among other games
- Ehlers has done some Fumbbl in his time
- The intriguingly named GNUOrderSA is worth a look
- You can see the live streamed tabletop games from Eurobowl X via Tom Pellecom
As well as all that, people have also learned to make some amazing models and scenery, and paint them so they look nice! Here are a few useful tutorials:
- Nazgob paints the 3rd Edition plastic orcs step by step in his Painting by numbers tutorial.
- There are lots of amazing stadiums around, with Rev’s step-by-step guide being one of the best.
If you want to illustrate a playbook, you can use a Blood Bowl play creator. These are some of the best: