Are you just starting to play? Try some of these:
With the current edition of the game being over 20 years old, a few people have learned to play it pretty well! Learn from their experience:
- A treasure trove of old-skool BB goodness can be found at Midgardbb.
- Plasmoid’s site contains at least one playbook for each race, which have been rated by users for how useful they are.
- Fumbbl coaches have played 1000s of games, in a way that is not possible on tabletop. Read their distilled wisdom on the racial breakdown page and tactics page.
- BBtactics is a treasure trove of Blood Bowl wisdom, as you would expect from the name!
- And a couple of must-read guides – one on The Art Of Blocking, and Fumbbl’s Taouch guide, plus the 1000 losses playbook.
If you would rather watch or listen than read, then YouTube is your friend. There are a few good YouTube channels with Fumbbl, Tabletop and Cyanide footage and commentary. Choose your favourite from the below, watch all of them, or just search YouTube for Blood Bowl!
- CKnoor streams a lot of Cyanide Blood Bowl, which people chat about in-game
- sann0638 has done a few Fumbbl commentaries, including how to get started
- Kharkidevil streams BB among other games
- Ehlers has done some Fumbbl in his time
- The intriguingly named GNUOrderSA is worth a look
- You can see the live streamed tabletop games from Eurobowl X via Tom Pellecom
- TheSage has a load of good stuff
As well as all that, people have also learned to make some amazing models and scenery, and paint them so they look nice! Here are a few useful tutorials:
- Nazgob paints the 3rd Edition plastic orcs step by step in his Painting by numbers tutorial.
- There are lots of amazing stadiums around, with Rev’s step-by-step guide being one of the best.
If you want to illustrate a playbook, you can use a Blood Bowl play creator. These are some of the best: