The Whiz Cup: Official Tournament Rules
Hey sports fans!!!! Glad to see we are up to at least 13 participants in the upcoming Blood Bowl tournament. This post is the official rules and information for the March tourney ;D
1. The Official Start Time of the Tournament will be 10:00 AM
so be there at 9:00 AM
2. The tournament will last 3 rounds
and we must be finished by 6:00 PM
as there will be the Yu-Gi-Oh players coming in for their weekly event
3. Each Round will be 2 Hours and 15 Minutes
long and there will be a 30 Minutes Lunch Break
after the 1st round
3. The entree fee will be $10
with 1st place, 2nd place and third place all receiving prizes
and as well as the best painted army. Prizes will be in the form of Whiz gift certificates.
4. Each round all injured players and dead players will be revived. Also note that star player points earned in games will not count so nothing will level up via star player points. This is the Resurrectionist Format
5. For added effect each round your team will improve. These improvements will be decided before each round, after hearing who your opponent is.
Give two different players on your roster a skill from their normal (single) skill options
Give one of your players on your roster a skill from their special (double) skill options
Give one of your players on your roster EITHER two skills from their normal (single) skill option OR one skill from their special (double) skill options
6. You must follow the normal time restraints for turns (4 minutes a turn)
and 2 minutes on kick-off deployments
7. If you end in a tie there is NO OVERTIME
and if you run out of time whoever is in the lead wins
8. ANY miniatures are allowed
to be played however, they must be the proper scale and on the right sized bases. Also they must be a clear representation of what they are (so you can not use tyranids as a lizardmen team for example)
9. Good Sportsmanship
is key and will be necessary if you want to win anything
10. Each round match ups will be determined using the swiss pairing system
. This means that you will be matched up randomly round 1 and in future rounds it will be determined on where you stand in the rankings.
11. Armies must be painted fully (3 colors)
if you want to win although being flocked is not necessary as long as the base is painted fully.
12. Each round the following will be used to determine points
Good Sportsmanship: +2 points
Fully Painted Army: +1 point
Winning the Match: +5 points
A Tie in the match: +3 points
Losing the match: + 1 point
13. The official date for the March Tournament is Saturday March 24th!!! :
Overall this is going to be the rules I will use for hosting the upcoming March Tournament. If there are any questions regarding the tournament or I forgot to mention something please let me know. Getting really excited to play ;D
IT'S almost TIME FOR SOME BLOOD BOWL!!!